The Weir

The Weir

(formerly the White Horse)
24 Market Place
TW8 8EQ

Pub built in 1603 with later additions.

Locally listed as “White Horse”.

In Butts Conservation Area.

History

There’s mention of this as The White Horse as early as 1603. A rebuild and the addition of the tiles on the outside walls would seem to be about the same date as other pubs in the town. Continue reading “The Weir”

The Express Tavern

The Express Tavern

Kew Bridge Road,
Brentford
TW8 0EW

Built in 1860s as a pub.

Locally Listed as “56 Kew Bridge Rd, plus numbers 57-60 Kew Bridge Rd”

In Kew Bridge Conservation Area

History

Building thought to date from the 1860s. Trading seems to have started in the forecourt that developed in to Brentford Market. Plaque commemorating the Trafalgar Despatch unveiled August 2009. Continue reading “The Express Tavern”

O’Riordans

O’Riordans Tavern 3 Brentford High Street, TW8 0DX Pub since construction in 1888 in Thames Policy Area History First in directory in 1888 as The Royal Tar. Also referred to as The Jolly Tar. At other times known as The Yacht, and Captain Morgans. Interesting cast iron pillars at corners of the windows. These can be seen on houses in Hamilton and Whitestile Roads. O’Riordans … Continue reading O’Riordans