formerly Northumberland Arms 11 London Road Pub built in 1853. Locally listed as “11 London Rd”. History A pub since at least 1853.  On right hand side of building you can see evidence of where the building was attached to the old railway bridge which crossed the London Rd. Numbers 1-11 London Road were locally listed with it, but these have been demolished and redeveloped. … Continue reading O’Briens

Coach and Horses

Coach and Horses

183 London Road

Public House built in 17th century.

Grade II Statutory Listed.

In Syon Park Conservation Area.

English Heritage Listing

C18 with later alterations. Stock brick. 2 parallel pitched roofs. Parapet.3 storeys. Front elevation has bay window at 1st floor level. 3 windows,have brick arcading at 1st and 2nd floor level. 2 windows on the righthand ground floor elevation have timber mullions and transom – probably C19. Continue reading “Coach and Horses”


O’Riordans Tavern 3 Brentford High Street, TW8 0DX Pub since construction in 1888 in Thames Policy Area History First in directory in 1888 as The Royal Tar. Also referred to as The Jolly Tar. At other times known as The Yacht, and Captain Morgans. Interesting cast iron pillars at corners of the windows. These can be seen on houses in Hamilton and Whitestile Roads. O’Riordans … Continue reading O’Riordans