148 High Street
Originally a pub, rebuilt in 1904 and remains a pub.
In Grand Union Canal & Boston Manor Conservation Area; Thames Policy Area.
Licensed by at least 1722. Fuller Smith & Turner from 1815. Rebuilt in 1904.
Named because of the six bells that were in St Lawrence’s church that were rung for special occasions and when Royalty travelled through the High Street.
Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.