Built in 1850 as a Magistrates’ Court and currently closed for redevelopment.
In The Butts Conservation Area; Thames Policy
This was the site of the market in the town for at least 300 years. About 1850 the old Market House on this site was demolished and a Town Hall built as a speculative development by the Brentford Town Hall and Market House Company. It was never used as a town hall and by 1852 it housed the County and Magistrates Courts and the Board of Guardians met there. There was also a library and public meetings were held. Continue reading “Magistrates Court”