44 Boston Park Road TW8 9JF Church built 1866. History Opened in 1866 when the Roman Catholic congregation moved from an old Baptist Chapel in the Market Place. St John the Evangelist [mapsmarker marker=”136″] Continue reading St John the Evangelist RC Church
New Road Church built in 1897 now offices. History Plaque says: “Primitive Methodist Jubilee Chapel, AD 1897”. [mapsmarker marker=”120″] Continue reading Jubilee Methodist Chapel
St Paul’s Road Church Original building designed by F&H Francis dates from 1867. Spire is 1869. Extended by Michael Blee,1992. Locally listed. In St Paul’s Conservation Area. History The original building designed by F&H Francis dates from 1867. Spire is 1869. The foundation stone was laid by Princess Mary Adelaide Duchess of Teck. It’s built of Kentish ragstone and was damaged by bombing during WW2. … Continue reading St Paul’s Church
Boston Manor Road Church built 1783 Grade II Statutory Listed as “Congregational Church”. In St Paul’s Conservation Area. English Heritage Listing for Congregational Church: Built 1782. Brown brick. Pediment with blocked circular lunette. Triple arcade, 2 bays blank flanking double door with fan. 2 steps and scraper. NMR. EH Listing Description for Entrance Gateway: Fine C18 wrought iron gates between brown brick piers with stone … Continue reading Brentford Free Church
Clifden Road TW8 0PB Built in 1963 as a church. Locally listed. In St Paul’s Conservation Area. History Built 1963 and thought to be a good example of its type. Some stained glass from the previous Victorian building is incorporated into the 60s building. Further Information Methodist Church [mapsmarker marker=”108″] Continue reading Methodist Church
122 Windmill Road TW8 9NA Church built 1906-7. History Built in 1906 – 1907 in Gothic revival style to a design by GF Bodley and CG Hare. John Betjeman wrote ‘St Faith’s displays all the splendour of Bodley in its simplicity and strength. It rises like a great ship over the housetops and inside the view from the west end leads you naturally to the … Continue reading St Faith’s Church
Built in 1887 as church, now derelict.
Locally listed as “Church now Musical Museum, Kew Bridge Rd”.
In Thames Policy Area.
Church was built in 1887 to replace the original that was built 1762 for local people led by the Trimmer family (local brick & tile makers). Tower (by A Blomfield) added 1913. Continue reading “St George’s Church”
Built in 15th century as a church with 18th century alterations, now derelict..
Grade II* listed
On English Heritage “At Risk” Register.
In Grand Union Canal & Boston Manor Conservation Area; Thames Policy.
EH Listing Description
Former church. Tower C15 altered C19; body of church 1764 by Thomas Hardwicke (old list); south aisle and north vestry added C19; interior re-done 1889 (Pevsner p.28); 1970s restoration work. Tower of Kentish rag with ashlar dressing; body of church of brown brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roofs. 3-stage west tower; 3-bay aisled nave with 1-bay chancel, all in one, having additional south aisle, north vestry and small sanctuary. Continue reading “St Lawrence’s Church”