…and attached garden wall to North and East
Residence built 18th century.
Grade II statutory listed.
English Heritage Listing
II House, now flats. Probably late C18 or early C19, extended after 1827, altered mid C19, converted to flats early C20. Part of the Syon Park estate.
Plum brick, in Flemish bond except for south west elevation, which is in English bond. Northern, roadside elevation rendered and lined as ashlar, Hipped slate roof, with deep plain eaves, to main range, pitched slate roofs to right hand and rear wings. Comprises a main range of two storeys and basements, in four bays, with a lower two storey, two bay right hand wing set back. At the rear is a two storey wing at right angles to the road. Continue reading “69 London Road”
This wall lies behind the Methodist Church on Clifden Rd, running along the backs of the gardens on the south side of Hamilton Road and the north of Clifden Road. There may also be some more visible behind the houses on Brook Road South where there’s a car park too.
This is likely to have been the garden wall of Clifden House, built for Viscount Clifden in the late 18th century. The garden ran the length of what is now Clifden Road and the Brook looks as though it was blocked at both ends to make a garden feature, (See tithe map of 1839, following the brook). Continue reading “Clifden House Garden Wall”
Extant wall, built around 1600s.
In Thames Policy Area.
The map (owned by Nigel Moore) is pre 1800s, although date unknown. The arrow denotes the position of the wall. Continue reading “Old Wall”