St Lawrence’s Church
Built in 15th century as a church with 18th century alterations, now derelict..
Grade II* listed
On English Heritage “At Risk” Register.
In Grand Union Canal & Boston Manor Conservation Area; Thames Policy.
EH Listing Description
Former church. Tower C15 altered C19; body of church 1764 by Thomas Hardwicke (old list); south aisle and north vestry added C19; interior re-done 1889 (Pevsner p.28); 1970s restoration work. Tower of Kentish rag with ashlar dressing; body of church of brown brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roofs. 3-stage west tower; 3-bay aisled nave with 1-bay chancel, all in one, having additional south aisle, north vestry and small sanctuary. Continue reading “St Lawrence’s Church”