Previously the Duke of York
Brook Road North (on corner with York Road)
Pub built in 1898.
Original building on York Rd in Victorian gothic style with turret. Extension on Great West Rd in Neo-Georgian or ‘Road House’ style. According to source “RIBApix” the pub was extended by local architects Nowell Parr and Son. Continue reading “New England Pub (former)”
Built in 15th century as a church with 18th century alterations, now derelict..
Grade II* listed
On English Heritage “At Risk” Register.
In Grand Union Canal & Boston Manor Conservation Area; Thames Policy.
EH Listing Description
Former church. Tower C15 altered C19; body of church 1764 by Thomas Hardwicke (old list); south aisle and north vestry added C19; interior re-done 1889 (Pevsner p.28); 1970s restoration work. Tower of Kentish rag with ashlar dressing; body of church of brown brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roofs. 3-stage west tower; 3-bay aisled nave with 1-bay chancel, all in one, having additional south aisle, north vestry and small sanctuary. Continue reading “St Lawrence’s Church”