Boston Manor Road
Church built 1783
Grade II Statutory Listed as “Congregational Church”.
In St Paul’s Conservation Area.
English Heritage Listing
for Congregational Church: Built 1782. Brown brick. Pediment with blocked circular lunette. Triple arcade, 2 bays blank flanking double door with fan. 2 steps and scraper. NMR.
EH Listing Description for Entrance Gateway: Fine C18 wrought iron gates between brown brick piers with stone coping and pineapples. NMR.
It’s thought that the wall and gate have been set back from the road many years ago as it’s not possible to read the inscription on a grave inside the wall.
The congregation was joined by the local Presbyterians in 1972 to form the Brentford United Reform Church and then by the Baptists to become Brentford Free Church in 1994.
Old hall demolished and new church built in 2000. Original church is completely modern inside and restored to its original height after many years as a single storey after bomb damage in February 1944.