Residence built in 18th century.
Grade II statutory listing, confusingly listed as “26a The Butts”.
In Butts Conservation Area.
English Heritage Listing
26A The Butts. 26a Market Place, Brentford. House, c1820. Yellow stock brick, gauged brick window arches, stone sills, cast iron balconies with Gothick ornament to rear, slate hipped roof. Three storeys and a basement. Spearheaded railings over dwarf wall to the street. Entrance via south side of house, below arched window to first floor with red gauged brick arch hood.
Interior features include reeded door surrounds to the ground floor east room; staircase with urn and column balusters and columnar newels; moulded stone fireplace surround with embossed ornament and in situ cupboards to the first floor east room; panelled partitions to second floor rooms. Six over six sash windows to upper floors; plate glass windows to ground floor being replaced at time of inspection. The house is not shown on a map of 1794 but pre-dates the 1837 tithe apportionment map.
Formerly number 28.