Previously the Duke of York
Brook Road North (on corner with York Road)
Pub built in 1898.
Original building on York Rd in Victorian gothic style with turret. Extension on Great West Rd in Neo-Georgian or ‘Road House’ style. According to source “RIBApix” the pub was extended by local architects Nowell Parr and Son.
Pub has been derelict for some time. In 2010 a man was found hanged behind the bar.
As of September 2013 the pub is at risk of demolition.