Carville Hall Park
Residence now converted into flats.
Built 1777 or earlier. Extended & re-fronted in 19th century?
Early Victorian House originally known as Clayponds. Bought by Middlesex CC 1918 for building the Great West Road.
The park around was bought by the Brentford UDC after the First World War as a War Memorial for the local men who had fought and to provide an open space for public use in an area of close built houses and industry. M4 divides the park.
Carville Hall is on the 1777 Bassett Survey of Ealing and belonged then to David Roberts (c1733-97) the wealthy distiller and brewer. Originally, Clayponds literally had clay pits which had become lakes in its garden. It is aligned in the same position on the map and has been extended and refronted. The railway took some of the grounds to the south and the A4 took some to the north. Sales particulars with a detailed plan of about 1880 survive in LSLibrary.
As of September 2013 – In state of neglect. Currently there seem to be building works taking place on the house.