Kew Bridge Road, Brentford.
Built as a railway station in 1850.
Grade II statutory listed.
On English Heritage “At Risk” Register.
In Kew Bridge Conservation Area.
EH Listing Description
Railway Station. 1850 by Sir William Tite for the London & South Western Railway. Yellow stock brick with stucco bands & quoins. Slated, hipped roof with tall, brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys to front, 3 to rear. 3 windows. Central, round-arched entrance with double doors & fanlight. Architraved head linked to flanking window heads by impost bands; right-hand window with margin glazing; left- hand converted to a shop front. 1st floor 4-pane sashes with stucco sill band continuing around the building. Rear elevation in similar style with round-arched margin glazed windows corresponding to the front. A steep stair links the entrance at road level to the platform.
EH “At Risk” Description
Railway station built 1850 by Sir William Tite for the London and South Western Railway. Largely unoccupied, boarded up and deterioration increasing. Externally weathertight. No longer required for railway use and is likely to be sold. Nearby development site now under construction may help as a catalyst for combined action by English Heritage, the Local Authority and others.
In September 2013, refurbishment seems to be taking place to preserve the shell of the building.