Bradbury’s Wholesale Grocer’s warehouses and yard
behind 107-111 High Street
Constructed as warehouses 1850-1870 and now derelict.
In Thames Policy Area.
Accessed from what is now Brent Way.
Very good red brickwork with white brick arches and very good cast iron window frames. One of the few surviving industrial buildings left south of the High Street, and a survivor of a much larger complex of buildings belonging to Bradbury’s which stretched back from the shop at 108 High Street down to the Grand Junction Canal.
There, stables for delivery horses were built (since demolished). In Brent Way, a plaque marking the boundary of Bradbury’s premises is bonded into the wall, date 1891.
English Heritage (2000) “contributes significantly to the distinctive character of area”.
As of September 2013 Ballymore states this building will be retained and incorporated into the new development.