1 Ferry Lane
Pub rebuilt in 20th century, possibly designed by Nowell Parr;
Locally listed as “1-3 Ferry Lane”
In Thames Policy Area
In existence since 1751. Rebuilt in 20th century.
Remnants of an earlier building c.1790 can be seen on the exterior flank wall; the front is Edwardian and is almost certainly by Thomas Henry Nowell Parr: Mock Tudor above the ground floor with his hall mark, Doulton glazed tiles and Art nouveau glass in the windows on the ground floor.
Interior not inspected.
Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.