Kew Bridge, Kew Road
Bridge since construction in 1903.
Grade II Statutory Listing;
in Kew Conservation Area and Thames Policy Area
This is the third bridge on the site. The coats of arms of Middlesex and Surrey on the upstream parapet were damaged by shrapnel during WW2. It was opened in 1903 by King Edward VII and King Edward VII Bridge is its correct title. Winter 2009 Janet McNamara was told by a neighbour that itʼs not shrapnel marks as officially reported but that a German fighter plane flew along the river firing a machine gun. Continue reading “Kew Bridge”