17 Market Place
Built early 20th century as a cinema,about to re-open as an antique shop.
In Butts Conservation Area.
Old Electric cinema, used to screen silent movies c1910-1914.
Between the wars was converted into a factory “E A & W H Browne Western Pattern Works”. Used in 1939 to make parts/patterns for Hurricanes and Spitfires.
More recently used as a workshop with a charity shop at the front. (Broadvale).
Planning application in 2013 to turn the premises into an antique shop.
To see planning application details, vist Planning Portal and enter P/2013/0318 as system number.