County Court since construction in 1963
In Thames Policy Area.
Designed by the Chief Architects Division of the Ministry of Public Buildings, senior architect CG Pinfold FRIBA AMTPI and opened by the Lord Chancellor the Right Hon Lord Dilhorne in January 1963. Continue reading “County Court”
Built in 1850 as a Magistrates’ Court and currently closed for redevelopment.
In The Butts Conservation Area; Thames Policy
This was the site of the market in the town for at least 300 years. About 1850 the old Market House on this site was demolished and a Town Hall built as a speculative development by the Brentford Town Hall and Market House Company. It was never used as a town hall and by 1852 it housed the County and Magistrates Courts and the Board of Guardians met there. There was also a library and public meetings were held. Continue reading “Magistrates Court”